Who & Why
Russ Lanoie specializes in road and driveway consulting and maintenance services as well as septic system locating, troubleshooting and repair and also land drainage in New Hampshire's White Mountains. For over 35 years Russ has been learning the secrets of dealing with too much water on roads, in basements or in septic systems in an environment with considerable frost, snowfall, and torrential thunderstorms.
In the process of maintaining roads Russ discovered a means to employ a conventional pickup truck in a unique manner which has revolutionized road maintenance for many northern New England towns. He presents much of the information regarding his Front Runner grader/rake as well as a short course on maintaining gravel roads because 40% of the public roads (and untold thousands of miles of private roads) in this country are unpaved.
He has also included his Septic System Troubleshooting Guide, developed with his co-workers after many years of developing these procedures to help folks determine what may be wrong with their septic systems.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Technology, UNH Thompson School, 1969
- USAF NHANG Aircraft Electrician 1963-67
- Former Rhode Islander, moved to NH in 1964. Married since 1971 to Joan who is Volunteer Services Coordinator at Memorial Hospital in North Conway
- Member Local Vocational Education Advisory Council
- Licensed Septic System designer/installer; Member of the Granite State Designers and Installers Association
- State Certified Energy Auditor (built one of the first passive solar homes in the area)
- Septic Consultant to UNH Co-operative Extension Service
- Program presenter for various seminars on Solar Energy, Energy Conservation, Septic Systems, and Road & Driveway Maintenance.